18 March 2013

Louis Poulsen


For our recently restyled dining area, I have now for weeks been begging my husband to come with me and look at some new lamps for the dining table that I wanted. But he wasn’t very happy about it because he liked our old lamp. I did too, but I was ready for some new changes which would match better with our new style. 

Saturday he finally went with me and he wasn’t easy to persuade, but I got the lamps that I wanted. Two old industrial lamps from Louis Poulsen in white.

The next day when they were hanging here at home, my husband thanked me and said “you were right, they do look great here” :-) 

I have many times told him over and over again that he can trust me and that I know what I am doing... but... he forgets!! Do you recognize this at your home too?

By the way! we choose to place a lilac cable for a little contrast in the grey and white interior. Just as a little accent. :-)









14 comments:

  1. We women are always right ;) I think your dining area looks fabulous! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your chairs from? I have seen them berfore, but I can't remember where?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Henriette, The chairs are from the danish brand Hay!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Where did you get the table?
    This is a great inspiration for our kitchen-eating area! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mieke,
      The table is from an outletstore here in Holland. Loods5 in Zaandam. We bought it 6 years ago and recently I painted the legs light grey.

      Delete
    2. Oh i love the table but im from Spain! I have family in Holland!
      Your home is beautiful!
      Big kiss

      Delete
  4. I adore those chairs. They're on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to recreate this dining room in 1:6 scale (Barbie size). It's so pretty and will be a fun project ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Marianne, Loving the 2 pendant lamps, however I cant seem to find a website that sells it. Can you tell me where you got them from? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Roland, The lamps I bought in a second hand shop. They are old and proberly not easy to find with the same shape. but you never know? Sorry and good luck if you want to look further :-)

      Delete
    2. Hello Marianne, What a great find you had and fits in well with your charming interior. I'm going to have to start the job of searching for some sort of equivalent lamps now... Gona be fun :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love if you would. You can write in English, Dutch or Danish, (Swedish, Norwegian, German or French I will understand as well but can't write it myself)